Friday, July 16, 2010

Our Snowflakes

I am happy to report that yesterday's transfer went smoothly and I am now enjoying a cozy day in bed so that my little embies can snuggle in for the next nine months. I was nervous about the thaw and had wondered whether I would get a call from the lab before we went in. When I didn't, I assumed that no news must be good news and hoped for the best.

Thankfully we were able to meet with the embryologist as soon as we arrived at the lab. He told us that both of the embryos selected for thaw were defrosted successfully and we had 2 blastocysts, one 4AA & one 4AB, ready for transfer. (for info on blastocyst grading click here) He said they were thawed using a newer technique which makes their chances of successful pregnancy pretty comparable to the blasts we transferred during the fresh cycle. This definitely gives me some hope since, although I miscarried, that transfer was successful.

Dr. Jedi was, as always, a calming and optimistic presence and he was very pleased with the way everything went. My uterine lining was ideal and the placement was perfect. Even the lab technician responsible for the embryos commented on how great everything looked. The best part though was that they positioned the ultrasound screen just right so that I could actually see the transfer. I cannot tell you how amazing it was to see those two little tiny white dots enter my body, my beautiful little snowflakes. Once, we were alone in the room, Chad and I both had tears in our eyes, overwhelmed by the emotion of that moment.

Now comes the truly hard part, surviving the anxiety ridden 2ww. I have a list of things planned to try and keep myself occupied but I know that my embies and my hopes for them will never be far from the very forefront of my thoughts. Right now though, I am doing everything I can to stay relaxed and hopeful for my tough, little snowflakes.

26 comments:

Amber said...

Stick, little snowflakes, stick!! I'll be thinking of you over the next few days. You can make it!

Unknown said...

So glad to hear your transfer went well! I'll be praying for all four of you over the next two weeks! I can't wait to hear what you have to say then!

Anonymous said...

Snuggle up embabies!! We will meet you in 9 months!!

Michele said...

I have a good feeling for you! Wishing you a speedy two week wait!

Anonymous said...

You and your hubby are in my thoughts and prayers during this two week wait for a sticky BFP. You deserve this so much, Holly!

xo

Gia said...

Praying for you and your snowflakes, Holly! I hope this is it for you!!

Babysteps said...

Glad that your transfer went so well. Sounds so promising and I hope this 2ww flies by and you take good care of yourself and your little snowbabes.

Best of luck!!!

Christa said...

Love the pictures, and that you got to see the transfer. Your recounting of it made me tear up too! I hope the 2ww flies by.

TASS said...

I hope everything goes well!!!! Praying for you both :) get plenty of rest and dink lots of water!

Courtney said...

Oh I hope this is it!!!!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Andrea said...

Still thinking of you. While you're waiting you can read about all the crazy stuff you're in for when those twins show up... http://multiplemama.com

Anonymous said...

So exciting! I'm glad to hear everything went well & I hope the 2ww goes well & quick!!!!

Lindsey said...

This is it! Praying the next two weeks pass quickly for you:-) Lots of prayers going out to you and hubs!

Amy@LittlePinkDollhouse said...

Hold on real tight babies!!! So many prayers and lots of love coming your way Holly! xoxo

Tiffany said...

Yay for your snowbies now all snuggled in for a 9 month nap. So excited for you!

Krissi said...

I'm so excited for you! Good luck!! BTW, love the pics of you and hubby! Those are new right? I don't remember seeing them before!
I have a post on the 2ww survival kit! In case you haven't seen it, here's the link: http://stressfreeinfertilityblog.com/2010/03/10/the-2ww-survival-kit/

Adrienne said...

Good luck. you will be in my thoughts.

Jenn said...

wishing and praying that you have some sticky snowflakes... waiting with you in these two weeks!

Anonymous said...

So happy the transfer went well! Praying the next week or so goes by quickly for you!

Anonymous said...

So happy that the transfer went well and praying that you have a safe and smooth pregnancy <3

T said...

What beautiful emababies!! I hope that the 2ww is super fast for you.
Do you know the name of the thawing technique was that they used? That makes me want to know what my embryoligist will be using.

Kacey said...

I'm wishing you all the luck in the world! Prayers coming your way!!

Basic Girl said...

Awwwe, they are perfect!! And I'm hoping SO hard they are sticky little snowflakes! Thinking of you hun!

Caitrin said...

Just found your blog through Stress Free Infertility! I was another one of the featured bloggers in today's post :) I wish you the best of luck with your "snowflakes"- I am not quite at that step yet, we are still giving injectionables another try....

Cant wait to read more of your blog- its been so helpful to find others going through similar journeys

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed. Those are two beautiful babies. Wishing you all the best.

Renae from Launderlife
http://launderlife.wordpress.com

Lisa said...

i'm wishing you much luck with this cycle :)