Thursday, February 25, 2010
After blogging about my baby bucket list last week (you can get caught up on that post here) I started noticing a lot of the blogs in my reader posting a list of 99 life experiences, highlighting the ones they have completed. After completing the list myself I have realized that I have had some great experiences in my life so far but there are still may left that I want to accomplish (particularly # 94)
Bold the things that you've done...
1. Started your own blog - yup, and here it is
2. Slept under the stars - yes, lots. Camping is one of all time favorite activities
3. Played in a band - not unless you count "Rock Band"
4. Visited Hawaii- need to do this
5. Watched a meteor shower - another favorite activity. I LOVE the night sky
6. Given more than you can afford to charity - I don't know if it's truly more than I can afford since I was able to give it, but I try to help when I can
7. Been to DisneyWorld - I grew up in Orlando, kinda hard to have missed it
8. Climbed a mountain - I enjoy hiking in the mountains and hills although I complain almost every time we are going uphill
9. Held a praying mantis - I didn't have a lot of bug fears as a child
10. Sang a solo -I loved to sing as a child
11. Bungee jumped - for my 27th birthday.Scariest thing I have done, ever
12. Visited Paris - We were in Paris for our 2nd wedding anniversary. I wasn't expecting to love it as much I did
13. Watched a lightning storm - Growing up in the lightning capital of the world makes this one impossible to miss. I love a good storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - I don't have enough patience with myself
15. Adopted a child - not yet, but it's definitely still on the list of possibilities for me
16. Had food poisoning - ugh so awful
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - I have been to it but the top was closed to visitors
18. Grown your own vegetables - I have Japanese eggplant growing in my garden now
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - We saw the outside of the Louvre but never made it inside
20. Slept on an overnight train - solo trip from Orlando to NYC, amazing experience
21. Had a pillow fight - I had a love for slumber parties and all things that went with them
22. Hitch hiked - no and don't ever plan too, eek!
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - and I felt sooo guilty all day
24. Built a snow fort -no snow in my childhood but I have built lots of sheet forts
25. Held a lamb - never had the opportunity
26. Gone skinny dipping - one of those crazy in my younger days things
27. Run a Marathon - I have walked a 5k though
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - I was on a boat in a canal in Venice , I'm counting it
29. Seen a total eclipse - no but I would really love to and I have seen a lunar eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - of course!
31. Hit a home run - once that I can remember and I am still in disbelief
32. Been on a cruise - a few actually. One of my favorite ways to vacation
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person- I should add this to the list
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors- I would love to visit Czech!
35. Seen an Amish community- do the Mennonites count?
36. Taught yourself a new language- I am working on learning Espanol and I am still very fluent in pig-latin
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - I have no complaints
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - We weren't in Italy long enough to visit Pisa
39. Gone rock climbing - indoor rock climbing counts, right?
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David- he wasn't seeing visitors
41. Sung karaoke - and it was plenty hilarious
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt- maybe on a future camping trip?
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - I bought a stranger a meal at a drive thru, does that count?
44. Visited Africa - would very much love to
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - definitely
46. Been transported in an ambulance - and it was pretty scary and very uncomfortable
47. Had your portrait painted - not sure if I could hold still long enough
48. Gone deep sea fishing - I went with my dad in Alaska. It was a lot of fun!
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person- it was closed that day
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - watched the sunset from the top, gorgeous
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - I can't scuba thanks to bad ears but snorkeling is fun
52. Kissed in the rain - so cheesy romantic
53. Played in the mud - childhood requirement
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - a plan is in the works
55. Been in a movie - it was a high school indie contest thing, I got stabbed in the shower
56. Visited the Great Wall of China - maybe one day
57. Started a business- does nannying/babysitting count?
58. Taken a martial arts class - I took Tae Kwon Do in high school, made it to green belt
59. Visited Russia - maybe an Eastern European tour when I visit Czech
60. Served at a soup kitchen - no but I have plan to soon
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies - I rocked the girl scout thing in elementary school
62. Gone whale watching - with my sister in Alaska
63. Got flowers for no reason - the best reason to get flowers
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma -I am big advocate of donation
65. Gone sky diving - I really really want to but not sure if my ears will let me
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - it would be sad but an important visit
67. Bounced a check - I'm not big on checks
68. Flown in a helicopter - I need to
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - I have a teddy bear that still sleeps with me when I am particularly sad. Chad hates him
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - I was only in DC for an afternoon and didn't make it here
71. Eaten Caviar - not very memorable actually
72. Pieced a quilt - my crafting skills leave something to be desired
73. Stood in Times Square - I heart NYC although I'm not a huge fan of times square
74. Toured the Everglades - Yup in an air boat and everything
75. Been fired from a job - came really close once when I was 16 though
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - playing in the Queen's daffodil's was more fun though
77. Broken a bone - amazing considering how accident prone I am
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle - love it
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - it's only 6 hours away,I should really do this
80. Published a book - unless you count my Shutterfly photo books
81. Visited the Vatican - very cool experience
82. Bought a brand new car - only cars that are new to me
83. Walked in Jerusalem -
84. Had your picture in the newspaper - when I was a kid
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve -
86. Visited the White House - I saw so many other things in DC though!
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - not so much
88. Had chickenpox - when I was 4. It was no fun
89. Saved someone’s life - my sister almost fell out of a moving car and I caught her. I'm a hero ;)
90. Sat on a jury - came very close but I think my work history as a victim advocate will keep me off of almost any jury
91. Met someone famous - Just last week I met Jim Parsons aka "Sheldon" from Big Bang Theory in case you somehow missed the announcement lol
92. Joined a book club - although we also met to discuss films and other popular media as well
93. Got a tattoo - I have a crescent moon and star on my left shoulder blade
94. Had a baby - I hope to bold this one VERY SOON
95. Seen the Alamo in person - man this list keeps naming landmarks I have missed!
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake -
97. Been involved in a law suit - nope
98. Owned a cell phone -uh yeah it IS 2010 after all
99. Been stung by a bee - just a few months ago..stupid bee
So counting them up I have completed 56 out of 99 items on the list. How about you? How many of these 99 life experiences have you lived through? Any you think should be added?